Want to be an extra in a tv commercial, series or film? Then join our EXTRA's REGISTER as we are always scouting for fresh, real & interesting faces of all descriptions.
To be considered for this Register, simply email a head & shoulders photo of yourself together with your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
, & one of our casting consultants will be in touch soon!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volume of applications we receive, regrettably, we can only get back to those who have been successful. All remaining applicants are welcome to resubmit your details in 6 months time.
HOW THE EXTRAS REGISTER WORKS
"A film is only as good as it's worst extra" - Angela Heesom
Due to the growing demand for professional film extras on set, in 2008 Angela Heesom Casting launched the original Extras Register developed by AHC to streamline the extras casting process for producers & also broaden the opportunities of being cast for actors & talent.
This Register is now used as our favourite tool when casting Extras & is also the first resource we use when casting featured roles in TV commercials and films. For this reason, any established actors who want to join The Extras & Actors Register are welcome to apply.
Our extras casting crew have been involved in the extras casting of many projects over the years. This includes nearly all of the local tv commercials shot in South Australia as well as productions such as:
- Wolf Creek
- Broken Hill (over 1,000 extras cast alone!)
- Closed For Winter
- Lucky Country
- Opal Dream
- Ten Empty
- Like Minds
- Hundreds of TV Commercials
- Look Both Ways
- Beautiful Kate
- Rabbit Proof Fence
- You Better Watch Out
- Esther Blueburger
- Caterpillar Wish
- Plus many many more films!
How many photos should you send?
- Please send no more than 3 photos maximum
(1 x head and shoulders and an optional 2 x photos of your choosing ie: family/holiday/sporting etc snap)
- Total size of your email can be NO GREATER than 4 MB
What should your head and shoulders photo look like?
- Head and shoulders framing (see example photo)
- Looking into the camera lens
- Ideally against a plain background
- Smiling shot preferred
- We do not require these to be professional taken - compact camera is absolutely fine
What NOT to send:
It is very important that your photo gives us an accurate idea of what category cast type you fall into. As such, we are unable to process your application if you send us the following shots:
- Profile shots
- Photos wearing sunglasses or anything that obscures your face (optical glasses are fine)
- Photos that have been edited
- Pouting or party photos (pre-party shots are accepted but please don't send photos if you look drunk)
- Photos you have taken by yourself as your shoulders will be hunched, neck strained and the angle of the camera will distort your natural features